ISO 39001 Lead Auditor
Why should you attend?
ISO 39001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Road Traffic Safety Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with RTSMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Road Traffic Safety Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Road Traffic Safety Management
- Understand the operations of a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) based on ISO 39001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 39001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 in the context of a RTSMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in RTSMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 39001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) and ISO 39001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS)
Domain 2: Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 39001 audit program
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 39001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Auditor activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Auditor activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for fee
Certification Fees: N/A