ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
Why should you attend?
The ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager training course helps participants develop their competences to support an organization create and protect value by managing risks, making decisions, and improving performance using the ISO 31000 guidelines. It provides information regarding the core elements and the effective implementation of a risk management framework, the application of the risk management process, and the actions necessary for the successful integration of these elements to meet organizational objectives. Furthermore, it provides guidance on the selection and application of techniques for assessing risks in a wide range of situations.
Upon completion of the training course, participants can sit for the exam and apply to obtain the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” credential. The credential demonstrates that the participant possesses the theoretical and practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead risk management processes based on ISO 31000 guidelines and best practices in this field.
Who should attend?
- Risk directors, managers, officers
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in organizations
- Top management members who seek guidance on how risk management should be integrated at a strategic level
- Individuals responsible for risk management processes
- Individuals interested in risk management
- Understand the risk management concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 31000 principles and framework in the context of an organization
- Learn how to apply the ISO 31000 risk management process in an organization
- Learn how to establish a risk recording and reporting process and an effective risk communication plan
- Develop the ability to effectively manage, monitor, and review risk in an organization based on best practices
- The training course is based on theory and best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
A fundamental understanding of the risk management framework, process, and principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management
Day 2: Establishing the risk management framework and initiating the risk management process
Day 3: Risk analysis, risk evaluation, and risk treatment according to ISO 31000
Day 4: Recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam complies with the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management
Domain 2: Establishing the risk management framework
Domain 3: Initiating the risk management process and assessing risks
Domain 4: Risk treatment
Domain 5: Risk recording and reporting
Domain 6: Risk monitoring and review
Domain 7: Risk communication and consultation
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the respective credential. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements of this certification. Certification fees are included in the exam price. For more information about the certification, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for the “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||Risk Management experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 31000 Provisional Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Risk Management||Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Risk Management||Risk Management activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 31000 Senior Lead Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Risk Management||Risk Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered a valid risk management experience, the risk management activities should follow best risk management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
- Defining risk evaluation criteria
- Identifying assets, existing measures, risk sources, and consequences
- Assessing risk consequences and incident likelihood
- Evaluating risk levels and risk treatment options
- Assessing residual risk
- Communicating the risk
- Performing risk management review
- Training course materials containing over 400 pages and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- An attendance record of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
Language: English, French
Certification Fees: N/A