ISO 22000 Lead Implementer
Why should you attend?
The ISO 22000 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) based on ISO 22000. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Food Safety Management Systems and be able to apply them in an organization’s food supply chain in order to effectively control food hazards and ensure quality and safety.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Food Safety Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 22000 in an organization.
Why should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Food Safety Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Food Safety Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISO 22000 requirements
- FSMS team members
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain a FSMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 22000 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the implementation and effective management of a FSMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Food Safety Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of a FSMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions
- Practice test are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 22000 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
The “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Domain 2: Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Domain 3: Planning a FSMS implementation based on ISO 22000
Domain 4: Implementing a FSMS based on ISO 22000
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a FSMS based on ISO 22000
Domain 6: Continual improvement of a FSMS based on ISO 22000
Domain 7: Preparing for a FSMS certification audit
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 22000 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||FSMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Food Safety Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Food Safety Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Food Safety Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting a FSMS plan
- Initiating a FSMS implementation
- Implementing a FSMS
- Monitoring and managing a FSMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
Certification Fees: N/A