Why should you attend?This training course has been designed to prepare anyone to become a cybersecurity professional. The content of this training course represents the essentials of Cybersecurity, and it is designed in the way that the capabilities learned by following this training course will be used to protect organizations and the society as a whole from areas of emerging threats. Throughout this training, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge on Cybersecurity based on the best practices, the relationship between Cybersecurity and other types of IT Securities, the identification of processes that are the most vulnerable to cyber-attacks, and so on. Participants will gain an insight into the fundamental Cybersecurity principles, Risk Management, Security Architecture and Controls, Incident Management, Cryptography and Operations Security, etc.
In addition to the training, participants will have access to exams in order to receive an internationally recognized certification that will validate their Cybersecurity skills and prepare them to successfully enter or advance in the labor market.
Who should attend?This course is aimed at all the individuals who want to guide their future professional career in the area of Cybersecurity. It is not important whether you are a student, manager, engineer, IT administrator, systems administrator etc., this is a training course for everyone who wants to expand his or her professional knowledge in this area.
- Understand and acquire comprehensive knowledge on the main concepts of cybersecurity and the relationship between cybersecurity and other types of IT securities
- Explain the goal and content of different standards and other best practices related to cybersecurity and information security
- Master concepts and fundamental cybersecurity principles, risk management, network security, incident management, cloud security, software development security, etc.
- Obtain the expertise required in order to be able to build a career in cybersecurity
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the management of Cybersecurity
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples and various case studies
- Practical exercises include role playing and discussions
- Practical tests and the Mid-Course Exam are similar to the Certification Exam
PrerequisitesThere are no specific prerequisites to attend this training course. No prior background in information technology or cybersecurity is required
Course agendaDay 1: Introduction to Information Security
Day 2: Information Security Risk Management
Day 3: Asset Security, Identity and Access Management
Day 4: Cryptography and Operations Security
Day 5: Physical Security & Mid-Course Exam
Day 6: Communications and Network Security
Day 7: Incident Management and Business Continuity
Day 8: Data Protection and Security
Day 9: Cloud Security
Day 10: Software Development Security and Acquisition & Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Cybersecurity Essentials” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
Domain 2: Information security risk management
Domain 3: Asset security & identity and access management
Domain 4: Cryptography & operations security
Domain 5: Physical security
Domain 6: Communications and network security
Domain 7: Incident management & business continuity
Domain 8: Data protection and security
Domain 9: Cloud security
Domain 10: Software development security and acquisition
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
CertificationAfter successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below.
You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about PECB Cybersecurity Essentials certification and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 1000 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 62 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
We are in the process of developing this training, and as such it is not ready for distribution yet. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get informed about the publication date.
Certification Fees: N/A