Earn the best Risk Management Internationally Accredited Certification with CAA
Crest Advisory Africa (CAA) is a certification body for persons, management systems, and products on a wide range of international standards. As a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services, CAA offers its expertise on multiple fields, including but not limited to Information Security, IT, Business Continuity, Quality Management Systems, Risk Management, Health & Safety, Environmental.
We help professionals and organizations to show commitment and competence with internationally recognized standards by providing this assurance through education, evaluation and certification against rigorous, internationally recognised competence requirements. Our mission is to provide our clients comprehensive services that inspire trust, continual improvement, demonstrate recognition, and benefit the society as a whole. CAA is accredited by IAS against ISO/IEC 17024/, ISO/IEC 17021, ISO/IEC 17065.
The purpose of CAA, as stated in our Bylaws, is to develop and promote professional standards for certification and to administer credible certification programs for individuals who practice disciplines involving the audit and the implementation of a compliant management system. This principal purpose includes:
- Establishing the minimum requirements necessary to qualify certified professionals;
- Reviewing and verifying the qualifications of applicants for eligibility to sit for the certification exam;
- Developing and maintaining reliable, valid, and current certification exams;
- Granting certificates to qualified candidates, maintaining the records of the certified candidate, and publishing a directory of the holders of valid certificates;
- Establishing requirements for the periodic renewal of certification and determining compliance with those requirements;
- Ascertaining that the certified candidate meets and continues the PECB code of ethics;
- Representing its members, where appropriate, in matters if common interest;
- Promoting the benefits of certification to employers, public officials, practitioners in related fields, and the public.
Certification Bodies of Persons
- ISO/IEC 17024 specifies the criteria for an organisation that conducts certification of persons in relation to specific requirements, including developing and maintaining a certification scheme for persons.
- CAA is accredited under PECB by the IAS under ISO/IEC 17024
- Most of the organisations proposing certifications of professionals are not accredited certification bodies.
The ISO/IEC 17024 standard provides a comprehensive framework for certification bodies for persons such as CAA to operate coherently, comparable and trusted in the world. The primary function of the certification body for persons is an independent assessment of demonstrated experience, knowledge and attitudes of a candidate that are applicable to the field for which certification is granted.
The ISO/IEC 17024 standard provides a uniform set of guidelines for organisations that manage the qualification and certification of persons, including procedures relating to the preparation and updating of a certification scheme. The standard is designed to help organisations carry out certification of persons to conduct well-planned and structured assessments using objective criteria of competencies and grading to ensure impartially of operations and reduce the risk of conflict of interest.
The ISO/IEC 17024 addresses the structure and governance of the certification body, the characteristics of the certification programme, information that must be made available to candidates and the renewal of the certification of the certification body.
CAA, through PECB, is a certification body for persons accredited by IAS for ISO/IEC 17024 certification program. Most of the organisations proposing certifications of professionals are not accredited certification bodies. Only a certification body accredited under ISO/IEC 17024 standard ensures an international recognition. It is important to validate the status of a certification body with the associated accreditation authority such as IAS, ANSI, and UKAS.